Sunday, December 20, 2009

Spa talk


The allure of Shana Lacs Spa comes from its haven-like relaxing ambiance and magnificent spa services


Ellen Sumagaysay Lacson, Shana Lacs General Manager (far right) with her loving husband, Ron Lacson, Shana Lacs CEO (far left) with their prolific staff and massage therapists.



A Definitive Allure of Shana Lacs Spa

The social life of every Ilonggo at these times has graduated into a more fascinating perspective of better change. The moment a person deals on the fluid metamorphosis of healthy living and positive lifestyle, magnificent discoveries start to crop up. Who would think that spa businesses could thrive and flourish in Iloilo Metropolis?

It simply shows how conscientious and cognizant Ilonggos have become in terms of health and fitness. Anywhere one goes there is a conspicuous structure seemingly casting a good and right spell on him. The first instance somebody enters a spa center he/she cannot resist the alluring and captivating fragrance of the spa center.

If a health-conscious individual happens to explore, or go gallivanting around Iloilo Metropolis, he/she better take a quality time to drop by at Shana Lacs Spa and relish the marvelous rich experience. The soothing aroma of herbal essences is real hard to resist. The therapeutic effect creates such impressionable rejuvenating feeling. When one would like to be pampered and detached from the hustle and bustle of the city, he may not be shortchanged when he gives Shana Lacs Spa a try. Kindly tag along as the remarkable and vicarious encounter with Shana Lacs Spa prolific general manager herself, ELLEN SUMAGAYSAY LACSON, unfolds…

What motivated you to go into Spa business?

Ellen: I have always been fascinated with health and wellness programs when I was still in Hong Kong. I frequently visit various spas and massage centers mostly for relaxation and in a few occasions, out of curiosity as well. These experiences inspired me to set up my own spa business. This way, I am not only satisfying my curiosity and my desire to innovate things, but at the same time, I am doing a business close to my heart.

Who are your influential business experts?

Ellen: I don’t have what they call influential business experts. My principle is just to never stop learning for continuous improvement of our services. I read magazines, do researches via books and internet, attend seminars and establish network with good friends who provided me with honest and helpful feedbacks.

Can you please define Spa business?

Ellen: Spa business gives someone wonderful personal rewards. It is an expression of the freedom and creativity that comes with being the owner of the place that provides people the very thing that I myself want to experience like health, happiness, and relaxation.

What are the advantages being a female entrepreneur?

Ellen: Being a female entrepreneur, I somehow create an environment that in men’s world- women rule, LOL (laugh out loud).

Do you have any long range planning before getting into spa business?

Ellen: Yes, I have attended spa workshops and short courses in Hong Kong and in Thailand before coming to the Philippines particularly in Iloilo to set up Shana Lacs Spa which was part of a long time plan.

Can you tell us about your daily mantra?

Ellen: My daily mantra is “everything good and challenging things are blessings from God, so I treasure and learn from them.”

Why do you consider yourself a modern businesswoman?

Ellen: I am a modern day businesswoman because I embrace changes and improvements. I am not afraid to stir up things if it will benefit my business, staff, and my own well-being in the long run.

How do you envision your spa business two years from now?

Ellen: Two years from now, I am still the same, except that I would already have expanded my business and franchised it in a few areas in the region.

(This article was published by Iloilo Events Magazine, November 2009 issue. Interview was conducted and written by Rhys de la Banda Camacho)

No comments:

Post a Comment